Non-Infected Painful Total Knee Arthroplasty | Monday 6 July 2020 | 19:00-20:00 CET
Enrique Gómez Barrena | Spain
The Webinar will address the following topics:
Enrique Gómez Barrena | Spain| 4 mins
- Location of Knee Pain: Intra/Extraarticular or Referred Pain, Extensor Mechanism
Roland Becker | Germany | 9 mins
- Component Related Issues: Position, Rotation, Sizing
Nanne Kort | The Netherlands | 9 mins
- Soft Tissue Related Issues: Instability, Arthrofibrosis, Impingement and Insertions
Michael Hirschmann | Switzerland | 9 mins
- Material Related Issues: Material Failure, Loosening and Osteolysis, Metallosis, Allergy
Enrique Gómez Barrena | Spain | 9 mins
- Questions and Answers
All Participants | 20 min
Patients with knee arthroplasty may complain of pain and/or may be unhappy. There are no infection signs or suspicion. What needs to be considered? How to manage these knees?
- Clarify the clinical situation: diagnosis of the painful knee arthroplasty, general management of some problems.
- Consider the location: intra or extraarticular source of pain, local or referred pain, extensor mechanism or other regions may also cause knee pain.
- Component positioning, over- and under sizing, eventual conflicts such as malposition, malrotation or impingement should be investigated.
- Soft tissues may be the origin of pain, management may vary with diagnosis: instability, stiffness, tendinosis, iliotibial tract,...
- Material and fixation problems are frequent pain causes: consider loosening, debonding, osteolysis, metal allergy, metallosis, material failure,…
This Webinar is organized by the EFORT Orthopaedic Education Group independent of any commercial education support and hosted by m-events.
Register free of charge on line: http://efortnet.conference2web.com/webinars
More information: https://www.efort.org/elearning/